- About time usage in an unfolding world
- Preface to The Effective Executive
- Chapters 2 through 5 in The Effective Executive and chapter 6 creates a new life road.
- Drucker's action landscape (nothing comparable in GTD)
- And then there is Living in More Than One World: How Peter Drucker's Wisdom Can Inspire Your Life by Bruce Rosenstein
- Career / life vision guidance from Peter Drucker
Wednesday, August 1, 2012
Time Management: GTD vs. PFD
David Allen's GTD is about getting things done. Peter F. Drucker is about getting the right things done and that means ignoring a lot of stuff that would be on a GTD busy list. A lot of the stuff on busy lists have no value to the world. The two approaches have completely different views of time and its usage. Here some Drucker resources:
Drucker said the problem of having people in positions where they do the least amount of good exists everywhere, but it is more rampant in hospitals, churches, and other nonprofits than in corporations.